I didn't mean to go so long without a post. Oops. We have had alot going on, as most of you know. For those that do not, here is a brief recap..
#1 - Jamie got a promotion which is requiring us to relocate to Charlotte NC. I am so very proud of him for being chosen for the position over all of the other applicants. He will be the Operations Manager at the Charlotte FedEx terminal. He was offered the job the week of Thanksgiving and we stayed on the fence about the decision for weeks! Both of us have lived in good ole' Salem all our lives and didn't want to leave our friends and family, but this would be a huge opportunity for his career. Soo, after lots of going back and forth between yes and no, we finally decided to go. Luckily, we got our first choice of places. The lease is signed and the move-in date is set. Our place is a townhouse but is actually bigger than our house now. Our favorite part of it is the loft area upstairs, which will make a great play area for Hailey / man cave for Jamie.
I have to admit that neither of us are in the Christmas spirit at all this year and I hate that. We didn't get a tree, or get out any of our Christmas decorations, since we are in the process of packing up the house. We've been so tied up with finding a place, making arrangements for connections and disconnections of services at our new place / current house, dealing with moving companies, and getting prepared to put our house on the market. It's been very stressful but we are dealing.
We are moving next week. Eeek!
#2 - Hailey is going to be a big sister!! We are expecting another little one in July. The babies will be 22 months apart, which I am so excited about. We knew we wanted our kids to be close in age. We haven't really broadcasted it since I am still early (currently just a couple days shy of 9 weeks along), but so far everything seems to be going great. I went to the doctor last week who gave me an official due date of July 21, and I got our first ultrasound picture of the little bean. So far this pregnancy has been identical to Hailey's. No sickness whatsoever (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself). Just a little tired.
So there's the scoop on us lately. I will be posting again soon details on our new place, the move, Christmas, and lots of updates on miss Hailey.
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment