Sunday, January 1, 2012

updates from Charlotte

So we are officially in Charlotte.  Hailey and I have been here all week while Jamie finished up his last week of work in Roanoke.  Our place is slowly starting to come together and feel & look like "home".  It's not Salem though!  We miss our house but we are coming along. 

Christmas was nice but hectic and stressful.  We didn't get to see alot of our family and friends that we wanted to.  Hailey got lots of goodies of course but wasn't too excited about ripping wrapping paper or opening anything like we thought she would be.  And wouldn't you know-- she got five million toys, and as soon as we got home to Charlotte and opened them all, she played with each for a few minutes and went back to playing with cords, dog food, the little coals out of our gas fireplace, the tv remote, and anything else that was NOT a toy.  Gotta love having a toddler!  My camera charger had been packed in a box until yesterday, so I haven't taken any pictures in a while, but will upload some very soon.

Happy New Year and Happy 3rd Birthday to our beautiful niece Skylar!  This year I really wanted to make a tangible resolution instead of a generic "save money" or "exercise more often".  I've really been wanting to read the bible cover-to-cover and I found a reading schedule online that breaks it down into 365 days, a few chapters per day, so you can read the whole thing in one year. Tonight I completed the first day, which was Genesis 1-4.  I'm excited to have a schedule which will keep me on track, and each day will be like a "homework" assignment so I won't be tempted to skip.  Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3

On Tuesday Jamie will be starting his new job, so please keep him in your prayers.  He is nervous but I know he will do great. 

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I look forward to keeping everyone updated on us in 2012 with this blog!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment