You know you are the mom of a potty-training toddler when your day's errands have to revolve around their daily bowel movement!
#2's tend to be a little dramatic, but she's doing much better. This morning she had a success in the potty, and afterward I praised her and remarked about how big it was (sorry if TMI but you check this blog because you want to know these things, right?). We left the house right afterward to get groceries, and during the ride in the car I continued to praise her, telling her that I was proud of her for going in the potty, what a big girl she was, etc. We are at the register at Harris Teeter and the cashier politely starts talking to Hailey, and she says "I poo-poo'd!! BIG poo-poo!!". I could have DIED!! But hey, she was proud of herself and wanted to share it with the world.
We are amazed at how well she is doing. I phased out the stickers after the 3rd day and she didn't even notice. She has just gotten into the habit which has been wonderful. She has hardly had any accidents since we started and is so good about telling us when she needs to go. There have been several times when we've been out and about and she's even used a public bathroom.
I am really loving only having one kid in diapers, but the tradeoff is that I feel like I spend my whole day in the bathroom most days!
No comments:
Post a Comment