Friday, September 20, 2013

5 years


Today marks 5 years that Jamie and I have been married.  Wow.  Feels like 20.  Haha, just kidding!  Well, I'm only partially kidding.  Jamie actually said the same thing this morning so I don't feel so bad.

We have been through a lot together in our 5 years of marriage.  It is no secret that we have had our struggles.  But in the end we choose to overcome them and that is the bottom line.  Marriage is hard.  It is work.  It is hard work.  Anyone going into it thinking it will always be romantic and effortless like in the movies is setting themselves up for serious disappointment.  It takes dedication, communication, compromise, and a daily conscious effort to make it work.  Clearly I am not a marriage expert but these are things I have learned over time.  The first little bit of time after the wedding is easy.  But then real life kicks in and brings you kids, stressful jobs, long hours, opposite schedules, financial struggles, and countless other curveballs in between. 

Anyway, in the end, it comes down to the vows we took 5 years ago.  The promise that we made to each other to be dedicated through good times and bad.  I wouldn't trade our "bad" times because they are what shaped us and made us stronger. 

Let me just say that Jamie is without a doubt the best husband in the world.  He listens, he cares, he communicates, and he is genuinely supportive and wants the best for me and the kids.  Oh, and he has put up with ALOT of my crap over the years.  He must really love me though, because he has stuck around! 

 
Happy anniversary to my "hunny" and best friend.  I love you so much!!!


(We really need to do better about getting pictures together.  All we have are selfies!)
 
 
Here's to many many many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment