A lady from our church informed our women's bible study group of a family who needs prayer. Their middle son, David, has just been diagnosed with cancer. He also has Downs Syndrome. He is currently undergoing surgery / treatment at UVA.
You can learn more about his story at his family's blog: http://www.sweetlifewithboys.blogspot.com/
His mom (who runs the blog) is completely amazing and inspirational. Even in the midst of this devastating time, she is giving God all the praise and knows that her son's life and these circumstances are all in His hands. She is my hero and I don't even know her.
Take a minute and say a prayer for David and his family. He is one special little boy!
On a different note, in reading David's mother's posts, I am reminded of a girl whose blog I kept up with (and still do occasionally) while she was battling cancer. She was 24 (I believe) when she was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma and had a 10 month old baby girl at the time. I couldn't imagine. The whole time she was battling this dreaded disease her entire focus was glorifying God and leaning on Him through her fight. And the best part of her story is that, amazingly, she BEAT lymphoma. She is entirely cancer-free. You can read her journey on her blog here: http://libbyryder.blogspot.com/. Somewhere on there she has a link where you can read her story starting on the day when she was first diagnosed, all the way through to when she is finally cancer-free. Her blog is titled after an article by Jon Piper called "don't waste your cancer" that you can read here. #5 is my favorite. It's absolutely worth the read, so if you get a minute, check it out (the article). I only hope that if I ever have to go through cancer, I can be strong and faithful enough to live by these words.
No comments:
Post a Comment