She looks exactly like Jamie in this last picture. Of course she looks just like him anyway, but I especially think so in that picture.
This is her dancing to the Bubble Guppies:
This is pretty much the only cartoon that she will sit still (for the most part) and actually watch.
This is her giving Lucy some lovin':
I didn't realize my finger must have been covering the microphone but I was telling her to give Lucy some sugars. Anyone who knows our dogs knows that Roxy gets a little lick happy but Lucy will just lay there and let Hailey do whatever to her (and by "whatever", I mean poke at her eyeballs, pull her ears, smack her, etc).
This is her giving Lucy some lovin':
I didn't realize my finger must have been covering the microphone but I was telling her to give Lucy some sugars. Anyone who knows our dogs knows that Roxy gets a little lick happy but Lucy will just lay there and let Hailey do whatever to her (and by "whatever", I mean poke at her eyeballs, pull her ears, smack her, etc).
In other news, things are going pretty well for us down here. Jamie is having good days and bad days at work but it has only been a little over a month. I know he is already doing a great job and will continue to do so.
Hailey and I have made several friends and are adjusting great. This weekend the 3 of us are looking forward to going to a cookout where Jamie will get to meet the husbands of the girls I have met down here. That will be fun, especially since he hasn't really gotten the chance to meet anyone here except for the people he works with.
We still haven't had any bites on our house in Salem, but we are hoping the showings will pick up when spring comes.
Several people have asked if I am going to work part-time here like I did back home. The answer is no, for a couple of reasons. The first is that if we were to leave Hailey with someone, it would only be with someone we fully know and trust--like our family or our church or my friend Cara--but none of those are an option now since we have moved, and we don't know anyone here well enough yet to consider. The second is, of course, baby #2 on the way. The cost of childcare for 2 little ones would obviously far outweigh what I would earn (part-time). I will eventually go back to work. I DO want to. I am not going to be one of those moms who doesn't work even though her kids have started school. But for now I am cherishing this precious time I have with my baby (soon to be babies) while I am lucky enough to be able to do so. Many many many thanks to my wonderful husband who has made that possible!
We hope everyone has had a great week! Goodnight!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you have to justify your choice to stay home at all!! I thought that was a given!! you are a AMAZING homemaker, and I can't believe its so soon that we get to find out if #2 is a boy or girl!! I was looking at tiny outfits last night and I cant to find out!! All the pics are so great, thats wonderful you found a friend with someone the same age! One thing I have learned from moving this far away from home (for the 1st time) is family can't be replaced, but there will be new family no matter where you go. So happy to hear you guys doing so well!! Love you all!!
ReplyDelete