It has almost been a week since I last posted. Oops! I don't know where this week has gone!
Hailey's uncle Karl was here last Thursday thru Monday. Jamie took off Thursday and Friday to spend with him and they watched lots of March Madness and played lots of golf. Here are some pictures from his stay with us:
"bean dip? don't mind if I do!"
The past week here in Charlotte has been beautiful, weather wise. Pretty much every day it has reached 80 or close to it. So we spent alot of time at the park. Here are some park pics:
Miss independent! I love it and hate it at the same time!
stopping to look up at a "bir" (bird)
snack break!
The local library has toddler storytime twice a week, so we have been going to that. She LOVES it. They do stories, sing songs, dance, etc.:
Not shy at all! She goes right to the front of the class during music time and spins, claps, and dances.
I have been working with her on some new animal sounds lately. Thursday when I took her and the teacher was reading a book aloud, she recognized some of the animals from the pictures and screamed out a few baas, moos, and quacks as she saw them. It was hilarious!
These are just some shots off my phone from around the house:
morning Bubble Guppie time!
Morning weather report. Each morning we look outside and talk about the weather- whether it's cloudy, sunny, rainy, etc. She also likes to look for and point out birds, dogs, and cars going by (usually we do it at the front window).
This afternoon was her 18-month checkup. This was her first visit with the pediatrician she will be seeing here in Charlotte and we really liked him. She is as healthy as can be, praise the Lord!
being a ham in the waiting area
She had to get two booster shots. She screamed her head off (you can't blame her), but was fine as soon as the nurse distracted her with some sparkly band-aids.
A funny side note on her pediatrician: his wife is an OBGYN at the same practice that I go to here, so it's possible that she may be the one delivering Hailey's baby brother if she happens to be on call when it's time for him to come.
Hailey is saying lots of new words and doing new things that amaze us every day. Some of her newest words are: ball, bird, cheese, hat, trash, hot, car, bike, tree, keys, and several others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.
She is starting to imitate different things that I do- like talking on the phone, combing her hair, vacuuming with her toy vacuum- that are total proof that babies/toddlers really are like sponges that soak everything up. It just makes me realize how much she really does pay attention and watch every move we make. We are totally amazed every single day at the things she is picking up and how smart she is.
One of her favorite songs is the "open, shut them" that you do with your hands. They sing this at the library storytime and we have started singing it with her here at the house and she loves it. Tonight she discovered that one of her toys plays it:
And she still loves "Pumped Up Kicks". Yesterday it came on the radio in the car and she started wiggling and kicking her feet. This was tonight when I turned it on for her on my phone:
Hope everyone had a great week! I will post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment