Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Hey!"





we had lasagna tonight!


happy girl!




Today Hailey and I had a lazy day.  Normally we are on the go-- running errands, playing at the park or at a playdate but it was cold and rainy outside today, so we just stayed in.  We never even got out of our jammies.  We watched cartoons, read books, colored, played with playdoh, folded laundry (she loves to help fold washcloths and match up socks), cleaned her room, and played with bubblewrap.  We had so much fun.  Sometimes, especially after a day like today, I just can't believe how much I love her.  She never ceases to make me laugh.  She is our little ray of sunshine.  Right now we are loving how she comes up to us unexpectedly and gives us a big hug or kiss.  She will walk in a room and say, "heyyy!" and it just cracks you up.  The way she says "bless you!" after we sneeze just melts your heart.  She even blesses the dogs after they sneeze :)  So polite! 
I never take for granted how fortunate I am to be a stay-at-home momma, and I thank Jamie often for working so hard to take care of us.  But it's the little things like the things we did together today that make me all the more appreciative to him that I have this opportunity to be with her every day and take in every single little moment.  Especially when I see how much she is learning, changing, and growing.  I packed up two bins of clothes today that she has outgrown, and that makes me so sad.  Time is flying!  Slow down baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment