We had a very lazy but productive weekend, if that makes any sense.
I had been needing to go through Hailey's clothes and pack away all of her summer clothes and restock her drawers with fall and winter stuff. So Saturday I got that done, as well as packed up 2 drawers full of Camden's clothes that he has already outgrown.
In packing up all of these clothes, I felt accomplished for finally getting it done but so sad at the same time. The clothes that I packed away for both of them are clothes that they will NEVER wear again because they are GROWING UP! How depressing is that!? I couldn't stop thinking this as I kept adding clothes to the boxes to be put away. Every night that we put them to bed, they wake up the next day one day older, one day bigger, one day more grown up. It's so bittersweet!
It also made me realize the inner hoarder in me, because I don't want to get rid of the stuff I packed up. And it was alot! I can't figure out if it's because there's memories attached to those clothes, or if it's because I want to save them incase we decide to have another baby.
And yes, I realize I'm crazy for:
1- wanting to save it all even though we don't have the space, and
2- already considering a third child.
Anyway, I got that done, as well as a couple of other things on my fall to-do list. The rest of the weekend consisted of:
taking endless rides through the house in a laundry basket pulled by a dog leash (she had more fun with this than any of her toys)...
watching Bubble Guppies in our jammies...
and lots of snoozing, wrapped up in sissy's blanket.
Oh, and I also made the Nutella cupcakes that I mentioned a couple of posts ago. I gotta say, I was a little disappointed. They were really good and chocolately, but you couldn't even taste the Nutella. I even doubled the amount the recipe called for. Oh well! Better luck next time.
Hey Mel! Just checking in on your life via your blog! I have a killer Nutella cupcake recipe - when you're back here I'll have to make them for you...or perhaps update my own blog at some point and include them :) I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy!
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I would LOVE to try your recipe once we are back in Salem in 2 months and 6 days (not that I am counting down or anything!). How are you and Josh? We need to catch up!
Delete