Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What Have We Been Up To?


  So, between the posts about my weekend away in PA and pictures of the kiddos, here is what's been going on with us!

  • This past weekend we went home to Salem, and Hailey and Camden got to see ALL their grandparents in 2 days.  At Granddad's house, Hailey got to ride on his ATV and LOVED it.  It was pretty much all she talked about after we left there-- well, that and smores-- which she had for the first time. 

riding with Daddy
 
Mommy's turn!
 
mmmm, smores!
 
 
  • The previous weekend we did pumpkin-carving.  We got Hailey undressed down to her diaper figuring she would get messy playing with the pumpkin guts but she wouldn't go near them.  Jamie kept trying to get her to touch it but she would have no part of it!  He wiped a little on her leg and this was the result:

she freaked out!
 
 
  • It's cold here this week, but last week when it was still nice outside we spent alot of time at the park. 

 
watching sissy play from the stroller


  I hate that it's starting to get so cold and we will have to spend alot more time inside.  I better get cracking on some wintertime indoor activity ideas!


  • I am excited to report that we have started Christmas shopping.  I am determined to be completely done by mid-November.  Every year I say I am going to get a head start and it always sneaks up on me.  Not this year!  Now that we have kids, I want to have it done and out of the way so I can ENJOY the season and not be caught up in the stress of shopping.  I want to be able to start Christmas traditions with them, like baking cookies, doing crafts and watching movies.  Plus, this year we have alot of making up to do for last year's Christmas, which pretty much SUCKED (hey, I'm being honest!) because we were in the process of packing and moving, and didn't get to decorate or even have a tree!!  What we did a couple of weeks ago was make a list of the people we have to shop for, then found gifts in catalogs and online for each person.  I tried to do a little shopping a couple of times out with the kids, but quickly realized I would have to do it all online.  It's pretty much impossible to "browse" in a store when Hailey is pointing at everything on the shelf, asking "what's that?" and pulling things off and into the buggy when I turn my head for 2 seconds.  I have seriously almost shoplifted (accidentally of course) before because of her putting stuff in the buggy without my noticing.  Gotta love her!

  • Other than that, we've just been hanging out...

..a little playing...
 
..a little tummy time...

...and watching the garbage truck come on Mondays (the highlight of her morning-- we live an exciting life, huh?).

 

  • Oh, and here's a recipe I discovered a few weeks ago and have made it twice.  Honey Sesame Chicken. Seriously one of the best things to come out of my crock pot!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. i havent done ANY shopping in store in years. It takes me 2-4hrs to make a list of people and their price limit, and then I hit up amazon and its done! I get free shipping on all of it and I wrap it when it shows up. I seriously spend a fraction than what others do! If you get a 'prime' account it makes it sooo easy! Im excited for you guys to have a christmas this year! the kids are gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete