Friday, December 7, 2012

What a week


  This week was one of those where I felt like all I did was spin in circles chasing my tail and got nothing accomplished.  Everyone was cranky (and by everyone I mean the kids and me), every room in the house looked like a bomb went off, and I was way behind on my to-do list. 

  Every now and then, Hailey will go a day without taking a nap.  Usually she does fine on those days, although she gets cranky toward the end of the night and usually goes to bed a little early.  For some reason, she just wasn't feelin' naps this week.  I have finally gotten Camden on a good nap schedule and for almost the past 2 weeks I had it worked to where they both napped at the same time in the afternoon.  I had about 2 hours of peace and quiet and this was when I usually cooked dinner for that night, caught up on laundry, cleaning, etc.  I got so much done and it was SO NICE!  I really got used to it.  

  That pretty much went out the window this week.  Day 1 with neither of them napping was frustrating, but I made it through.  Day 2 the lack of sleep from the day before had caught up with both of them, and they were both super cranky but still neither would go to sleep.  In a moment of weakness I threw my hands up and in an attempt to save my sanity, I packed them both up and put them in the car.  My plan was to take a little drive and let them both fall asleep. Camden always goes right to sleep in the car, and Hailey does too if she hasn't had a nap that day.  But of course, on this day, when I wanted and needed them to, that didn't happen.  Camden was back there babbling and squealing the entire time which of course kept Hailey awake, so nothing was accomplished except a huge waste of gas.  Lovely.  Day 3 of no naps consisted of Hailey doing somersaults / cannonballs off her bed, which was shaking the whole house from upstairs.  She was also having tons of fun flicking the door stopper which is on the wall that her room and Camden's room share.  So, needless to say, Camden couldn't go to sleep either.  Super cranky kids that day.  Fun stuff!

  Oh, and let me tell you about the crappy start to this morning-- literally.  I went in Hailey's room to get her up and she was just sitting on her bed, buck naked.  I laughed and didn't think anything of it, other than it was one of those innocently cute toddler moments.  And lately she has been taking her clothes off anyway and running around the house naked and we just think it's funny.  Anywho, as I got closer, I got a whiff of poop and realized she had pooped in her bed and had it all over her.  Apparently she rolled around in it like a pig in mud.  Nice! 

  On top of all of this, Camden has not been sleeping so great lately.  He's been waking about every 3 hours at night. At first I was thinking he was waking because his teeth might be bothering him, but he hasn't been fussy at all when he wakes. He just eats and goes right back to sleep.  So I'm thinking he must be having a growth spurt.  In any case, I just hope he goes back to sleeping 10-11 hours because I got majorly spoiled and this week I feel like a zombie.

  Everyone is bound to have bad days at "the office", right?  If I wasn't nursing, I'd be treating myself to an ice cold Miller Lite right now to celebrate the end of my work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment