Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas


  I am blaming this very late Christmas post on stupid Blogger for not being able to upload pictures until now!  Better late than never, right?  It's still not working 100% correctly so I apologize if this post shows up funky.

  Anyway, we didn't get to travel home the weekend of Christmas because Camden was sick, so we stayed put and had a quiet little Christmas here in Charlotte, just the 4 of us. 

  A few nights before Christmas, we took a trip to a little town called McAdenville where you can drive thru town and look at the lights of all the homes and businesses all lit up.  A 30-minute tour, I'd say.  Hailey liked that alot.

(Don't worry, we were only going 3 mph)
 
 
 

Then Christmas Eve = COOKIE BAKING!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"are they done yet?"



  
 
We decorated one for each of the four of us, plus an extra one for Jesus
 
 
 
 





Then we left a letter to Santa, as well as cookies and apple juice (the apple juice was Hailey's request).







 
 Jamie and I had fun playing Santa and laying everything out after the kiddos went to bed:
 
Letters to both the kids from Santa, and presents (blue ones for Camden, pink for Hailey)





CHRISTMAS MORNING!



"it's my first Christmas!"





Present-opening aftermath:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My boys!  I mean SERIOUSLY-- how cute are they!??
 
 
 
 
Despite the fact that Camden was sick, it was a wonderful Christmas. We hated that we didn't get to be with family but at the same time enjoyed just getting to sit around in our pajamas and not have to go anywhere. And we learned that Christmas is WAY more fun when you have kids!! The traditions, and seeing their little faces light up at the sight of presents and the empty plate where Santa ate their cookies is totally priceless. And I'm sure it will only get funner as they get older!

No comments:

Post a Comment