Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Updates!
Well I didn't do as well as I promised at posting regularly but here we go. I swear I am gonna try to do better. Anyway, here is what's been happening lately:
1- Jamie quit his job at FedEx. Yep, it's true. After much discussion we decided it just had to be done. No amount of money is worth the crap he was dealing with or the family time he was missing out on. He is now working at Yokohama and is much happier.
2- I am back working at the Roanoke Times part-time doing obituaries. Yes, morbid, but I love it. It's easy and it pays well. Oh, and it's quiet. I always joke that going to work there is actually like a break for me from my "job" at home. I am, however, looking to go back to work full-time. I have loved every second of being able to stay home and raise our kiddos but I have had the itch to get back into the outside work force, restart my career and put my brain to good use on something besides toddler tunes and play-doh.
3- Camden turned ONE!! I can't believe it. Too bad he missed his own birthday party though. He woke up extra early that day and when the time came for his party he was super cranky and in major need of a nap so Jamie took him home and the party continued without him. Haha! He is 13 months now and all over the place. The kid NEVER stops!! We are so blessed that he is healthy and active but he literally never stops moving. He is either climbing something dangerous, playing with dog food, pulling on cords, opening cabinets, the list goes on and on! He is all BOY! He is cruising all over the place and has just recently started letting go and standing on his own. We don't think it will be too long until he is walking. Lord help us!
4- Hailey started preschool today! Totally surreal! She looked so grown-up marching in there with her little backpack. Jamie and I took her in, walked her to her classroom, told her goodbye and that was it. She sat right down at a table with the other kids and was ready to go. She had such a great day and was so excited to tell us about it when she got home. We're so proud of her!
I have lots of pictures on my phone I need to post. I am going to create a photo-sharing website for that since I don't post a lot of them on facebook. I will probably end up jumping on the Shutterfly bandwagon.
I think that's all for now. Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment