Wednesday, July 11, 2012

38 weeks and 4 days, but who's counting?

Quick update:  I am still pregnant!  Haha! 

I really thought I might have been in labor last night.  I was having contractions about 10-12 minutes apart for a good 5-6 hours.  Since I never experienced going into labor on my own since I was induced with Hailey, I called the on-call staff who told me not to come in until they were 7-10 minutes apart.  They eventually went away right before I headed to bed.  This morning I had another check-up and I am STILL sitting at only 1 cm.  So frustrating!  I wouldn't care except that I am so uncomfortable and these on-and-off contractions I've had for the past couple of weeks are a pain (literally)! 



In other news, I took this video last week and forgot to post it.  Hailey was obsessed with this song that day and kept saying "again!" every time it ended for me to replay it. 


She is majorly cracking us up lately with new things she is saying.  She's really starting to repeat things that we say, so we have to be extra careful!  Her newest and funniest thing is saying "otay!" (okay) to everything we say or ask.  And she has also been saying "aw man" and "oh gosh!".  She's obsessed with Lucy lately.  She calls her "Wucy" and is constantly calling her and looking for her.  Yesterday while we were out running errands she kept saying "home, see Wucy!".  At Harris Teeter, they give free sugar cookies to the kids at the bakery.  She always gets one at the end of our trip if she is good while we are in there.  So, every time I say "grocery store" or "good girl" she says "cookie!?". 

I was just thinking last night about how I'm probably going to be the worst mother as far as discipline because sometimes when she says or does something she knows she's not supposed to, I can't stop laughing, much less discipline her.  The girl is hilarious.  I seriously wish I could freeze her at this age.  Even when she's naughty and mischievous she is so stinkin' cute.  We are constantly getting on her lately for getting into the pantry and pulling out "stacks" (snacks).  Yesterday I heard her in there and when I went to see what she was doing, I found her sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor surrounded all around by miniature marshmallows, eating them off the floor and smiling at me.  I just cracked up.  I mean, seriously, what do you do? 


No comments:

Post a Comment