Monday, July 2, 2012

A Hard Day..


Today we said goodbye to Roxy. 




Hailey's Paw-Paw and uncle Karl came to stay with us this weekend.  They left this morning and took Roxy back to Salem with them where she would be picked up by her new family tonight.  I broke down saying goodbye to her but then made myself get it together for Hailey's sake. 




As soon as I put Hailey down for her nap I sat down and cried my eyes out.  I had another good cry session after I put her to bed.  I keep choking up when I look in the kitchen and see only one set of food/water bowls, and in our bedroom there is only one crate now. 





Poor Lucy has been wandering around all day like she's lost.  She is missing her buddy.  Nights are going to be the hardest on me I think, because that is when Roxy would snuggle up next to me on the couch when I finally had a chance to sit down for the day.  I am going to miss my snuggle buddy so much! :(


Her new family does seem very sweet.  They were so excited to be getting her, and they have promised to keep in touch with me to let me know how she is doing.  I know she will adjust and do just fine with them.  Me, on the other hand, probably not so much!  Luckily I have a mile-long to-do list to keep me busy the next few weeks until Camden gets here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment