I had a routine doctor's appointment that morning. I was 3 days past due and 4 cm. The doctor went ahead and scheduled an induction for that Friday the 27th. Little did we know that little Cam was ready to come before that. Around 2:30 that afternoon Hailey and I were playing outside and I started feeling contractions, but didn't really think anything of it because I had been having them off and on. Then I really started to notice that they were coming regularly, about 6-7 minutes apart at first. I still didn't think much of it, and figured I would wait it out a little more before I alarmed anyone. Closer and closer they started to get, so around 3:30 I brought Hailey inside and started packing my hospital bag just incase. Eventually they got unbearable and I finally called Jamie a little after 5 to come home and take me to the hospital. Of course he got stuck in 5:00 traffic and the wait for him to get home was excrutiating. All I could do was lay in a ball on the couch. I turned on Mickey Mouse for Hailey and bless her heart, she was so good and just sat there and watched it until Jamie got home. The car ride to the hospital seriously seemed like an eternity. At that point I was contracting every 2 minutes and in the worst pain ever. If Hailey hadn't been in the car I would have been screaming my head off, but I was trying to breathe through them so as not to freak her out. We finally got to the hospital where they wheeled me up to labor and delivery while Jamie parked the car and got Hailey out. All I kept asking the nurses was to hurry up and page the anesthesiologist so I could get my epidural. They kept telling me that I would, and not to worry. That changed when the nurse checked me and I was at 10 cm. I kept asking over and over for the epidural and she finally told me it was too late, that I was already at 10 cm and it was almost time to push. All I remember is her telling me to cross my ankles and try not to push yet. There were about 5 nurses scrambling around the room trying to get everything set up. Meanwhile Jamie is chasing around Hailey, and I am thinking that he is going to miss the birth because we have no one there to watch her. Thank goodness one of the nurses entertained her out in the hallway so he could be in there with me. I pushed maybe 3 or 4 times and he was out. It all happened SO fast. We got to the hospital at 6:31 and he was born at 7:14!
Everyone has been asking what Hailey thinks of her new brother and so far she is doing great. She loves to play with his toes and rub his hair. She points to him and says "baby sleeping" and brings him toys, blankets and stuffed animals.
Thank you Lord for two healthy beautiful babies!!
Here are some pictures / video for everyone. I will post more regularly with updates / pictures as I find the time!
AWW! I just got to look at the video!! He is so sweet!!! Cant wait to get my arms around him!!
ReplyDelete