Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recipe Dump


I intended to post these recipes each week as I made them, but never really had the chance to sit down and make a blog post about them.  When I did have the chance, the posts would always be about the kiddos, of course! 

Anyway, here are just a few recipes that I've made over the past few weeks that are worth sharing:

Chicken Alfredo - I have made this several times since I've found the recipe, and I really like it.  Especially because it's a much healthier version of real alfredo sauce, which contains like a pound of butter and cream.  To me it tastes just as good, and is much better for you, so you can't beat that.  The last time I made it, I added bacon (well actually it was turkey bacon) and peas. 

Pizza Puffs - these are easy and quick, would be good for a football snack / appetizer.

Mexican Stuffed Shells - Definitely my new favorite.  Seriously delish!

Pumpkin Bread - This will replace my previous Betty Crocker recipe I had been using the past few years.  It's way better! 


And just throwing these out there for my mom friends with toddlers.  I've made all of these and they're great not only for convenience but also nutrition.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes -I started making these for Hailey as soon as she could eat solids.  I make them year-round instead of just the fall, because pumpkin is so packed with nutrients and it's good for her.  I make a big batch and then freeze them, so it's easy to pull a couple out on a busy morning and pop them in the microwave for a few seconds for a quick breakfast for her.

Sweet Potato Muffins - Again, very nutritious with the use of whole-wheat flour, and sweet potatoes are loaded with good-for-you stuff.  I made mine in a mini-muffin tin, and replaced the vegetable oil with applesauce.  Also great to freeze and pull them out for breakfast or a snack.

Toddler Frittatas - I kind of made my own recipe for these.  They're basically an "egg muffin" and you can throw in whatever veggies or breakfast meat you have on hand.  I use 8 eggs, a splash of milk, salt/pepper, and throw in either spinach or broccoli, turkey bacon, and mozzarella cheese.  Whisk ingredients together and bake in a muffin tin at 350 for about 20 minutes.  Awesome breakfast for the little ones-- protein, veggies, and dairy.



I've been totally obsessed with Pinterest and have a million recipes marked to try, so I made a goal to try 2 new recipes each week.  One regular dish and one dessert (by the way, my dessert for this week is Nutella cupcakes with Nutella buttercream frosting-- I love me some Nutella!).  I will let you know how those turn out.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. hey! I would love to take a look at that alfredo one but it wont pull up? will you email it to me? im sure its just my stupid computer lol

    ReplyDelete