Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Road Trip!

This Labor Day weekend we took our first road trip as a family of 4.

The occasion, of course, was Kristen's (Jamie's sister) wedding in Richmond!  I was pretty nervous and stressed out the days leading up to the trip, worrying about the 5-hour drive with two kiddos, them getting off their "schedule", and out of their routine.  I always stress myself out about these things and Jamie always has to tell me to chill the heck out and that everything will be fine. 

As usual, he was right.  Both kids did great in the car, at the wedding, and in the hotel.  Since Hailey was a flower girl, I was especially worried about her not napping the day of the wedding and then being grumpy and throwing a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.  But that didn't happen either.  She did fine. 

We all had a great time!  Kristen was gorgeous, the wedding was beautiful, and the reception was amazing. 

I think it's safe to say that this weekend wore the kiddos out, though.  We got home yesterday (Monday) and last night I put Camden to bed at 7:30 and he slept straight through to 7:30 this morning!  Didn't wake up once!  I couldn't believe it!  And Hailey partied too hard at the wedding, too.  She is still catching up on her sleep.  Around 6:30 tonight she started rubbing her eyes and saying "I sleepy" and asking for a nap.  I went ahead and started getting her ready for bed a little before 7 (she normally doesn't go until about 8:30), and while I was reading her bedtime story she kept interrupting me and saying "bed".  She didn't even want to hear the rest of her story!  She climbed right into her bed, laid down and passed out. 

Congratulations, Kristen and Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment