Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good Eats


  Like the rest of the world, I'm in love with Pinterest.  I only ever use it for recipes though.  I rarely look at the other sections besides food & drink.  Since I love to cook and bake, I could spend hours and hours looking at yummy stuff to make and getting new ideas. 

  I love recipe-sharing, especially when someone else has already made it and confirmed that it's good.  So I like to do the same, hopefully giving someone else an idea for something new to try. 


  Jamie is a major peanut butter lover, so over the weekend I made a peanut butter pie...


The entire thing was gone in less than 48 hours.  In our defense, though, it was a 9-inch pie, which was "kind of" small :)  And in MY defense, I had only 2 pieces and Jamie ate the rest.  You can find the recipe here.



I also made a spinach-artichoke dip. 


I sort of adapted it from this recipe, omitting the mayonnaise (we don't eat it so we don't have it in the house) and basil, and added an extra clove of garlic.



This dish I made tonight, and it was really good-- Tortellini and Garden Vegetable Bake.

(excuse my crappy glass baking dish with the burnt-on cooking spray)

I really liked it because it's versatile and you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand.  I didn't necessarily use all the ones called for in the recipe.  I had red and green peppers, tomatoes and peas on hand so that's what I threw in there.  And a bonus is that it's healthy because of all the veggies.  Since Hailey eats whatever we eat (meaning I don't fix her something special separately), I try to cook as healthy as possible.


By the way, I'm just realizing that these dishes don't look very appetizing in my photos and they are probably not inspiring for anyone--haha!  Sorry, I'm not a food photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment