So let me tell you about the very unwelcome visitor we had yesterday. I walked into our bedroom to grab something and there was a SNAKE on the floor right in front of Lucy's cage. I had to do a double-take and when I realized what it was I almost had a heart attack. Granted, it was fairly small, and black, and probably harmless-- but it was still a snake. I ran out of the room and started pacing around and sweating profusely, trying to figure out how to get it the heck out of there. Of course this would have to happen AFTER Jamie leaves for work and I'm forced to deal with it myself. Figures! My plan was to try to get it with a clothes hanger and fling it out the back door. Hailey was napping, and Camden had just started crying to eat so I was hoping it would stay put until I finished feeding him and then I would get it out. I went in there 30 minutes later after I fed Cam and of course it was nowhere to be found. I didn't see it anywhere. I was tip-toeing around, holding my breath and looking in every crevice and under the bed and all the furniture. I tried to get Lucy to go in there and sniff it out but she wouldn't go near the bedroom door, I think because she was freaked out because of how I was acting. I had plans to meet a friend at the playground, so I left the house for a couple hours and hoped it would just stay put in the bedroom so Jamie could find it when he got home and get it out. The whole time I was gone all I could think about was that we had a snake in our bedroom. EWWW. When I got home, I attempted to look for it again. I lifted up Lucy's cage and it was hanging off the bottom of it. I SCREAMED, dropped the cage and ran the heck out of there. At this point, Hailey is running around the house yelling "snake!!" and I'm trying to keep her out of the bedroom while I try to compose myself and gather the courage to go back in there and get it. That never happened because I was too scared. Well, that and the fact that I had a 2-year old following me around trying to watch what I was doing. But I know I couldn't have done it even if she wasn't here. I called Jamie and he said he would search the bedroom when he got home. He did, but he couldn't find it either. It might still be in our bedroom, or it might have slithered out while I was gone and be somewhere in the living room. So now we know we have a snake in our house somewhere, and the worst part is not knowing where the heck it is or when it's going to pop out again. I have the heebie-jeebies just typing this!!! I am constantly looking out for it, watching where I walk, afraid I'm going to step on it or something. I'm so afraid it has made it's way into our drawers or laundry hamper. Or that it's under the couch and going to slither across my feet when I'm sitting there. Or maybe it's in the kitchen somewhere. Or maybe it slithered up the bed and is in our sheets. EWW, EWW, and EWW again!! I keep finding myself seeing things out of the corner of my eye and tensing up, thinking it might be the snake. And it's not helping matters that Hailey keeps saying "snake" because of yesterday, so every time she says it I think that she sees it somewhere and then I panic.
It took me way longer than it should have to type this, because I stopped every 10 seconds to look around and make sure it wasn't crawling on me. Then I see something moving across the floor out of the corner of my eye and it was this HUGE hairy centipede thingy with 10,000 feet. So I had to stop and take care of that. UGH! I have the chills with all these creepy-crawlies around here. Can I catch a break please!!
So until we find the snake (hopefully it will come out when Jamie is here this weekend!) I will be tip-toeing around the house, holding my breath, looking out for it everywhere I go.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment