Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby Cam Update / Hailey's Boo-Boo

  This morning I had my 32 week check-up.  Baby Cam is still looking good and is right on track! 

  I have been seeing alot of these cute little pregnancy surveys on some blogs that I follow, so I thought I would steal a template and do one of my own each week until little man gets here.


How far along?  32 weeks and 5 days

Size of baby:  18 inches and 4.75 pounds

Total weight gain so far:  About 24 pounds

Sleep:  I'm still lucky that I'm not having any trouble sleeping, but I do get up a time or two to pee.

Movement:  YES.  I'm pretty sure this little guy is going to come out crawling already.

Food cravings:  No real cravings.  I just pretty much use the excuse "eating for two" to stuff my face with a half a box of Cheez-its or some type of baked good every night.  Haha!  For some reason I always get the munchies late at night before bed.  I think it's because I really don't eat that much during the day because I'm always on the run with Hailey, and then at night it catches up with me.

Does anything make you queasy or sick?  No.  I am one of the "lucky ones" that never had any sickness with either pregnancy (knock on wood). 

Name?  Camden James Crotts

Physical signs / symptoms:  I'm starting to feel some contractions every now and then, especially after being really active.

Looking forward to:  This weekend when we will move Hailey's crib to little man's room and set up her "big girl" bed in her room.



  Now, to tell you about Hailey's boo-boo.  Yesterday at the park she took a pretty good fall off the toddler playground equipment.  She fell through an open space from about 3-4 feet off the ground.  Scared me to death!!  I thought for sure she had broken something.  I swept her up, cleaned all the mulch off her, and made sure she could move all of her limbs okay.  The rest of the day I watched her like a hawk to make sure she wasn't limping or showing any signs of broken bones or confusion or anything like that.  She was pretty much acting fine the rest of the day.  Then today it seemed like she was favoring her left arm, so I took her to the doctor just to be on the safe side.  The doctor agreed that she seemed to be favoring that arm, so he ordered an x-ray to check it out and make sure she hadn't broken or fractured anything.  That was NOT fun.  I couldn't be in the room with her due to being pregnant (radiation exposure) so I had to wait in the hallway and listen to her scream while the 2 techs held her down.  I don't know if it would have even helped her to have me there with her, but it was torture to have to listen from the hallway.  It only took 5 minutes but it seemed like forever!  The technician gave her some Dora stickers afterward and then she was as happy as could be and even waved and told them bye-bye when we left.  Anyway, thank the Lord nothing was broken!  We can only assume that maybe her arm is just sore from how she landed when she fell.  She kept telling the doctor and nurses (and Jamie this morning) "I fall" when they asked her what happened.  It was so cute. 

  And because she is the reason anyone ever checks this blog, I will leave you with a picture of Miss Priss:



No comments:

Post a Comment