Hailey and I went to Salem Thursday to take care of a few things and came home Saturday. Going there only made my homesickness worse! I did NOT want to come back to Charlotte. Jamie is homesick too, but he works so much that I'm sure he doesn't have much time to think about it, whereas I have all the time in the world to think about it. Oh well. I'm just trying to make the most out of each day. We are both counting down (literally crossing days off the calendar) trying to make it to the end of this year so we can come home! Anyway, Hailey got to see all of her grandparents while we were in town and she was happy about that.
Our A/C went out! I came home from a playdate yesterday to find our house like a sauna. The repair people couldn't get us in until tomorrow afternoon. I'm praying it's an easy fix and they can get it working again ASAP. It has been hot here (the rest of the week they are forecasting 90's!) so this is definitely not good timing. Yesterday and today it was 85 degrees INSIDE our house, and that was with all the windows open and fans going. Lovely!
Today I had a check-up for baby Camden. I saw a different doctor today who answered alot of my questions about his kidney issue and once again assured me that it is very common and should resolve itself. He has been practicing for 8 years and says he sees this issue come up with various patients of his at least twice a month. So he definitely made me feel much better. Not that I was extremely worried, but I like hearing the viewpoints of other doctors. My appointment was in the afternoon so Miss Hailey had to come with me since Jamie would be at work. She did so good! The doctor gave her a rubber glove to play with and that kept her occupied. All the nurses were cracking up at her when we were leaving because she was waving to all of them with the rubber glove on. Since she was a good girl I took her to McDonalds afterward to get a baby ice cream cone.
Fingers crossed that we will get our A/C back tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment