Hailey and I made him lots of good food for his special day:
Brunch: breakfast casserole and cinnamon buns.
Dinner: sweet onion and cheddar burgers on the grill (Jamie did those), au gratin potatoes, and salad.
Dessert: peanut butter chocolate chip pound cake. I forgot to take a picture and by the time I remembered Jamie had scarfed most of it down. This picture is from the website where I got the recipe (via Pinterest).
Watching Jamie and Hailey together is such a special thing to me. I could seriously watch them for hours. Hailey ADORES her daddy and lights up like a Christmas tree when he is around.
During his work week he is not around much but when he is, he makes the time with her really count. I think that's what really keeps him going. Most mornings he is awakened by her practically beating down the bedroom door yelling "Daddy, daddy!". Then when I finally open the door and let her in there she jumps right up into the bed and snuggles with him before he has to get up. He tries to shower quickly while she runs into his bathroom yelling his name and then attempts to shave while she is tugging at his pants. He scarfs down lunch before leaving while she hogs his lap begging for some of whatever he is eating. Every day when he leaves she runs to the kitchen window and watches him walk to his car while they wave bye-bye to each other and blow each other kisses. It's the sweetest thing.
you're never too young to learn how to change a tire!
He kisses her boo boos, plays in the pool with her, reads her books, plays in the floor with her, and is already teaching her bad habits like playing ball in the house and jumping on the bed (but they are so cute together that I don't even care). He is seriously the best!
I attempted a photo shoot but Hailey wasn't having it!
Happy Father's Day, Jamie!-- from the two girls that love you most in this world!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment