Friday, June 22, 2012

A Few Updates on Hailey-bug

  I cannot believe how much our little Hailey is learning / changing / growing / developing every single day!  It's so amazing and scary at the same time, because it just shows us how much she is growing up.

  Her speech, including new words and phrases, is catching me by surprise every day.  She is SO smart.  Sometimes she'll say something as clear as a bell and I'll have to pause just to process the fact that she said it and that she somehow learned it or picked up on it from Jamie or myself.  It's crazy.  Her word association skills amaze me too.  For example, I'll be folding clothes and she'll come over to the basket and pull out one of Jamie's work uniforms and say "Daddy" or she'll pull out a towel and say "towel. bath".  She sees my bathing suit hanging up to dry and says "Mommy pool" or she sees Jamie's flip flops and says "Daddy shoe".  She has a scab on one of her knees from where she fell outside and scraped it and if you ask her what happened, she will say "I fall, hurt, boo-boo".  She will pretty much repeat back any word or phrase you say to her.  She got so used to Jamie being around so much last week that she has constantly been asking for Daddy this week.  I keep telling her that Daddy's at work, and today she started saying back to me "Daddy work".  She has also been cracking me up when I pull in the driveway saying "We home!" because I usually always say "We're home" when we pull in.  We've been working on colors, and so far she knows green, blue, purple, and pink.  She loves to point to things and say what color they are. 

  A few posts ago I mentioned I was going to start potty training a couple of weeks ago, but I never made it there.  I have been so busy trying to prepare for Camden that I want to get that done and out of the way so I can give her my full attention and focus to be able to put her on the potty throughout the day.  Plus, the more we consider it, we might wait until after he gets here and closer to her 2nd birthday so it's not so many changes going on at once.  Everytime she poops now she immediately comes to me holding her butt and says "I pooped".  She loves to pee in her potty.  She is going at least once or twice a day.  After she goes she is SO proud of herself.  She will jump up and yell "I peed!  I peed!!" and run around in circles and point to her potty.  It's hilarious and adorable. 

  We have been talking alot about "baby" recently.  She helped me put the bedding in Camden's crib and helped me fold some of his clothes, and she knows all the stuff in that room is for "baby".  She will go in there, grab something of his, come out holding it and say "baby!".  She loves to carry her little boy baby doll around the house.

  Right now she is in a phase where when she leaves somewhere, she will tell everything "bye".  She waves and says "bye" to the pool when we leave there, and when we leave a room in the house she tells the dogs or whatever toys/items are in there "bye".  Today when we left Target she waved and told the buggy "bye".  She cracks me up.

  I'm telling you, I wouldn't trade being able to stay at home with her for any amount of money or material possessions in this world.  Watching her grow and learn every day and getting to witness all of her "firsts" is such a gift.  I'm so thankful that God chose me to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment