Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Few Updates on Miss Priss (and Mommy too)

  Hailey is doing wonderfully in her new big girl bed.  Nights are easy- she crawls right in and lays down.  Naps are definitely different.  Pretty much all she does is play during that time.  The first couple of days of having her bed she played for a couple hours and then passed out in the floor.  The third and fourth day, she made it to her bed.  Today, she passed out in the glider curled up with a blanket.  I think she just enjoys having the freedom and independence to be up and moving around in her room, without being confined to a crib, which is okay with me.  She eventually falls asleep which is the main thing.  We can't go without that nap!  Yesterday she figured out how to open her door, so I had to buy some doorknob spinners to keep her in there. 

  Tonight makes the third night in a row she has peed in her potty!  For the past several weeks now, every night after her bath she would go and sit on it on her own and she has finally started peeing in it.  We have a potty in the upstairs bathroom where I bathe her, and also in the downstairs bathroom.  Whenever I use either bathroom, she will follow me in there and sit down on her own potty and just watch me.  This morning she walked up to me  in the kitchen and said "I pooped" and she definitely did.  Tonight she told me she pooped again (and she did) except this time she brought me a clean diaper and said it.  Between this and saying "pee pee" after she pees, it's obvious that she knows what these words mean.  Combine that with her showing interest on her own to sit on the potty several times a day, and I think we might just be ready to potty-train.  She really seems like she "gets it".  We are going to be traveling this weekend, so I think next week when we are back in our normal routine here I am going to start with her and at least see how it goes.  She may still be too young, but we will find out.

 
  Now, an update on me (and little man).  I stole this survey template from one of my favorite mommy bloggers, Mandy Musings.


How far along:  33 weeks and 5 days

Maternity clothes:  Yes, duh.  I had to break down and buy some more shirts several weeks ago because most of the shirts I wore when I was pregnant with Hailey didn't fit properly this time around.  My belly was practically hanging out of the bottom.  It must be true that boys carry lower.  When we're just hanging out at the house, I am usually wearing one of Jamie's XL t-shirts.  I look sexy, let me tell you.  I also sleep in his shirts :)

Weight gain:  25 pounds

Stretch Marks:  None, thankfully!  I must have good skin or something, because I haven't even been using cocoa butter or anything. 

Sleep:  Still sleeping pretty good.  I look and feel like a beetle stuck on its back when I try to get out of bed though.  Haha!

Best moment this week:  Hailey is constantly pointing at my stomach and saying "baby".  She will also wave and say "hey" to it when I tell her baby Camden is in there.

Foods I'm Loving:  Right now I'm on a Nutella kick!  I have been eating a Nutella sandwich every night before bed.  That or a big bowl of cereal.

Movement:  Cam is still moving around but less than before.  He is starting to run out of room in there!

Physical symptoms:  Feeling contractions almost every day now, especially after our evening walks.  I also have to pee every hour on the hour during the day, which is a pain, but it's partly my own fault because I drink so much water.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Seeing friends and family this weekend and really diving into decorating Cam's nursery next week.

What I Miss:  Having Hailey sit on my lap in her rocker while we read bedtime stories :(  There's no room for her now because of my belly so now we sit on the floor.  Also I miss not having to pee 94 times a day.

Emotions:  Nesting is starting to kick in.  I've already started a list of things that I need/want to get done before little man gets here.  It ranges from meals to prepare and freeze to miscellaneous cleaning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment